Grow your own Blue Oyster mushrooms! Blue Oysters are healthy, delicious, and a lot of fun to grow. All you need is a spray bottle filled with water, a rubber band, and a clean, sharp knife. Please allow up to two weeks for blocks to leave our facility.
How to Grow:
- Use a sharp, clean knife to cut a 2"x2" "X" on the front and back of your block. Then, use a rubber band to make a ponytail with the excess plastic at the top of the bag. The goal is to get the plastic nice and tight against the block.
- Place your block somewhere room temperature, out of direct sunlight, and with good airflow.
- Use a spray bottle filled with water to mist your block in and around the "X" cuts 2-3x per day until little mushroom pins start to form.
- Once the pins (little mushroomlings) start to form, don't spray them directly. Continue to mist around them 2-3x per day.
- When they look ready to harvest (around 7-9 days) gently pull and twist the base of the mushrooms until they pop off.
All of our grow kits ship free in the continental US. Unfortunately, we are not able to ship outside of the continental US or to P.O. Boxes.